Friday 21 April 2017

Stepping Out in Faith



 
During a convention at church , the pastor talked about the importance of faith in deliverance. Deliverance being the act of freeing someone from something that has held them captive. It could be disease, slavery of all kind, name it. He explained how a person, for instance could be healed, but then fall sick again because they doubt. But what is faith? Faith is believing in what cannot be seen; We are saved through Jesus Christ by faith, we attain God's promises through faith, just to mention but a few. Like most us, faith is actually something that I also find myself struggling with sometimes.

It's easy to say that you have faith and may even be able to keep it going 'day one', but then 'day two' the enemy, satan, strikes and, well, here comes doubt, fear...This is actually one of the things that has held me back from blogging. It normally begins with 'I can do this!" So I actually made a list of possible topics for my blog, in order to see how far I could it keep it going, of course like some websites suggested. UUumh! No, this is not one of them, close, but not really. Later, this is where I find myself "Can I really do this? Will I even be able to keep up? Do I have what it takes? Is this even what God wants? What if I'm wrong, I would hate to make a fool of myself?" Yes, there it is, "Fear". What just happened, where is that initial confidence. Wait, I know, but that's another article. A show of faith needs a step of deed. So yes, I believe that God has great plans for me, Jeremiah 29: 11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
 ...but then what. According to James 2:17, Faith without works is dead. He actually puts it this way, that it is of no profit when one has faith but lacks in deeds. So for us to actually experience the promises  of God and meet His purpose, we not only need faith, but we would also need to take the first step in faith. This is how we take what has been given to us by God. Yes, preparations, research, et cetera have to be made. However,   seeking God's will at some you'll have to go for it. So, well, welcome to my blog. Glory Be to God. 

I love this song by Sinach "I Fly". Sure to encourage you... "I declare that I am strong, with the strength of God in me"

4 comments:

  1. This is really inspiring. loove this!! Nice piece. Glad you took this bold step. Looking forward to more of your articles ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nita. I appreciate this...very sorry I actually did not see these comments, I don't know how. Just logged in with my phone successfully for the first time and just seen them

      Delete
  2. Good one...eagerly waiting for more ������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lots Kairetu.. so sorry I don't know how I somehow missed these comments..

      Delete